My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated before from me Im trying to mod out my compass and build an SRT4 out of it. That being said I need a few mods that Im having issues finding.

1.) Full Turbo kit( turbo, intercooler, piping, blow off, waste gate, etc.)
2.) Rallye rear spoiler

if anyone can help me find the 2 things that I cant that would be awesome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is your plan of attack for the CVT? That transmission is not going to like nor be able to handle that kind of power.

I would advise against this and stick with an air intake, headers and exhaust. Remember many caliber and SRT4 parts will fit our compass.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention that the SRT4's turbo system is a Mitsubishi TD04HL4S-20 turbo and the transmission was a Getrag six-speed manual transmission.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually thinking about a tranny swap in the far out future, I already have a stage 3 cold air and cat back exhaust. Im adding in the headers for that little boost. Speed is not the issue, as it stands I can get my car up to about 140mph, its torque that Im lacking so getting to high speeds takes to long, any suggestions on how to boost my take off without replacing my cvt?

·
Registered
171 Posts
use the manual shift...that's your only hope. CVT sole purpose is fuel economy and is engineered as such.

What exhaust do you have? I'm thinking about ordering a magnaflow but I do not want a ricey sounding coffee can exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using an RS dual port, Andy's Auto Sport Body Kits - Your Body Kit Superstore!, its a universtal exhaust, kinda tunerish, but still has great sound and a good high output. If you wanna hear it look me up on youtube, my page is minimonstar88, I have a pretty good vid clip up of my pipe reved to 3000rpm

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds good. Do you think a 2010 cat-back exhaust from Borla or Magnaflow will fit a 2011? I would think so but I'm a little confused because the magnaflow site list a new part number for 2011. BUT the exhaust is so I new I can not find any vendors that has model #15063.

·
Registered
315 Posts
its been concluded before that tranny swaps will not work in these vehicles, and if you research the caliber RT (same engine as compass) to srt4 conversion. the guy had spent around 10k for everything and it was untuneable. its just a big waste of money stated by him. there are no tuners available for these, and the immobiliser will only allow the engine and components to work with the stock ecu.

there are no turbo kits built to fit these, and i got lucky finding my rallye spoiler off ebay. but you could always check with the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thought of a couple more things that I cant find. I need to kill the jeeps body roll in hard corners, so I need front & rear, upper & lower strut support bars

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
its been concluded before that tranny swaps will not work in these vehicles, and if you research the caliber RT (same engine as compass) to srt4 conversion. the guy had spent around 10k for everything and it was untuneable. its just a big waste of money stated by him. there are no tuners available for these, and the immobiliser will only allow the engine and components to work with the stock ecu.

there are no turbo kits built to fit these, and i got lucky finding my rallye spoiler off ebay. but you could always check with the dealer.
Agreed. monstercompass, you do have one sick Compass though!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks cherokee, I have been spending a lot of time and money to get my compass built up
A-1-I, check out carid.com or andysautosport.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
Confirmed, the modern performance, DC sports or Mopar (really expensive and designed by DC Sports) strut bars will all fit. Modern performance was also nice enough to measure this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts