My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im purchase this jeep compass 2011 1 month ago and i have trouble. my trouble is grinding noise with turn stearing and accelerate at low temp -20c or more. The trouble coming left front and desapear a few km ago 10 or 15 km after run. the temp is very cold not desapear and temp is hot the trouble is not coming. see video for grinding and your understand. scuse my english its so bad. someone i have a same problem help me please.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's really weird... It sounds like the wheel or the axle is grinding on something or the other but then it wouldn't make sense as to why it disappears when it gets warm..

I would take it to a shop and let the wheels spin while it's in the air and check around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer verified my jeep and did not find any issues since each time I've brought him my jeep, the weather was not cold enough for him to find the problem. My question would be, is it dangerous for my security?

·
Registered
50 Posts
sound like a constant velocity joint ?

only does it on a 90 deg. turn what about a big circle turn ? and how tight of a turn before it clicks?
if you though it into neutral will stop.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rusty rotors would clean out after the first or second time coming to a stop.. A warped rotor would just get worse as it heats up. Loose lug nuts you would definitely feel at all times through the steering wheel and the whole vehicle itself depending on how loose they were.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put the jeep on a lift and having the mechanic look at it while you try to duplicate the problem, he may be able to pinpoint the nose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts