My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im currently searching around for a 2011-2014 compass for my fiancee and was wondering if there is anything i should look for/avoid or know about before test driving these. I own a 99 jeep wrangler and love it and everything is fairly easy to repair/fix/work on, im not thrilled going with a vehicle i know nothing about and that cvt tranny screams pain/expensive repairs in the future lol. But i learned everything i do know about my jeep on the forums so figured this is the best place to find info. I do want to apologize for starting a new thread when i could probably find all my answers here but we are going to check out a 2012 sport 2.4 auto tomorrow so short on time and was hoping for quick help/comments. Thanx in advance for any help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2014s have a conventional 6 speed auto (sourced from Hyundai). The 2007-2013 models have the CVT. I would definitely get the 2.4L engine; the 2.0L is just too small for this size vehicle. I personally like the way the Latitude models are optioned but I test drove a Sport and liked it. I have been very pleased with my 2012 so far (I have the CVT by the way). Good luck with your purchase; let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts