My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Challenger owner here, but have a question for my parents who just bought a 2017 Compass. The seats are all manual, and they are not height adjustable. My mom is short and has a hard time seeing over top of the hood etc etc. They used to have a Patriot and she loved the height adjustable seat. I know, i know, it's their fault for not getting a model that had power or height adjustable seats, but they were in a bind and took the one that was on the lot. So, my question is, can we just buy a new seat? Or is there some sort of frame part that I can swap out with the current one? If anyone has part #'s that would be great, or is there a certain model that always has height adjustable seats? Doesnt need to be a power seat, the patriot just had the pump lever. I think that would be ideal actually so we wouldnt have to mess with any electronics.

ANyway, thanks for any help!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would believe that it's going to be the seat frame that's going to have to be changed. The only thing is I don't know if the wiring is already there for it or if you'll have to find a way to power it yourself and tap into it. Part numbers I'm not too sure about though. I've done this on a Jeep Grand Cherokee years ago to make the passenger seat power and it wasn't too difficult at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would believe that it's going to be the seat frame that's going to have to be changed. The only thing is I don't know if the wiring is already there for it or if you'll have to find a way to power it yourself and tap into it. Part numbers I'm not too sure about though. I've done this on a Jeep Grand Cherokee years ago to make the passenger seat power and it wasn't too difficult at all.
Thanks. i was hoping i could just do the frame. But im not even actually trying to convert it to a power seat, some of the manual seats just have a pump lever that will raise the seat up and down. Thats what I was looking for. I've looked around on dealer websites for parts but they are just so confusing. I see the frame for the seat and i see the handle that raises and lowers the seat but it's hard to tell what goes with what

1 - 3 of 3 Posts