My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i got a Jeep Compass automatic version (petrol). Can you help me with Ideal Tyre Pressure for in-city drive for both rear & front tyres? I drive in potholes ridden streets grin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
most recommend 35. The tire pressures I believe are also on the inside of the left side door well. Open up the door and look around the front half of the door hinge towards the engine, from inside the car.

·
Registered
927 Posts
In the United States the recommended tire pressures are always on a sticker inside the driver's door frame or on the door itself. You can also look at the tire sidewall as @mdram4x4 said BUT the vast majority of tires will only give you the maximum PSI rating of the tire, which is probably significantly higher than what the door sticker will recommend. Just because the tires can run up to 52 PSI does not mean that is ideal, mine says around 37 front and 35 rear IIRC. Running at max pressure will get you a tiny boost in highway gas mileage but its not worth the loss in handling, ride quality, and the increased stopping distance which is potentially dangerous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with your statement. You simply cannot go wrong using the pressures as defined in the door jamb. With that being said, my experience driving road course tracks the best response is 1 or 2 psi more than the door jam recommendations. In normal every day driving you would not see a difference. Probably the best thing you could do is check your tire pressures on a regular basis with a high quality gauge. Once a month should be enough.Happy and safe driving!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts