1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
171 Posts
WOW - I'm jealous. So to confirm, no problems installing? How does this sound? I'm not a fan of fart can exhausts but Magnaflow usually does a good job of creating a nice exhaust note.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WOW - I'm jealous. So to confirm, no problems installing? How does this sound? I'm not a fan of fart can exhausts but Magnaflow usually does a good job of creating a nice exhaust note.
ZERO problems installing it. I had my buddy (who is a welder) helping me just in case we have to cut the stock exhaust and tack the new one on. It took forever to adjust all of the pipes properly but it fit nicely.

Its a very low rumble that you pretty much mostly hear at lower RPMs (1500rpms-2000rpms). You can hear it at higher rpms but alot less. When i had my 2008 compass, my PVC K&N intake was louder when it shook to the vibrations of the engine vs the muffler lol . Dont worry i'll be posting sound clips in a day or 2.
:woowoo:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sound clip added to original post!:wjeep:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sound clip added to original post!:wjeep:
Sounded like you might have been pushing that poor 4 banger in the clip.
I prefer the quiet running myself and think this engine is a bit noisy as it is under the hood.

Looks good though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounded like you might have been pushing that poor 4 banger in the clip.
I prefer the quiet running myself and think this engine is a bit noisy as it is under the hood.

Looks good though.
hehe i pushed the RPMs to 4.5k :nervous:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice install man, looks and sounds great! I have to agree, Magnaflow really does have a nice note to it! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have a mpg report with the new exhaust and k&n filter? Also, it looks like the new exhaust hangs down a bit lower than stock? Did you notice it too or is it just look that way in the picture?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a mpg report with the new exhaust and k&n filter? Also, it looks like the new exhaust hangs down a bit lower than stock? Did you notice it too or is it just look that way in the picture?
Unfortunately is has gotten ALOT colder since i've installed the exhaust and colder temp = worst gas mileage. :( i can take some new pics in day light for you. its definitely NOT lower than stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, just checking the picture gives an illisusion of the pipe hanging down lower right before the coupler to the muffler section.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I went with a Borla cat-back Exhaust and it has a DEEP Throaty sound to it. I have enclosed a Picture of it...:)
Holy crap there's alot of bends in that pipe ;) hey you got a sound clip?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'd like to hear that one too, 305! It does look like a lot of bends but still can't be near as restrictive as the stock setup.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, guys -- all good info. Magnaflow advertises, though, an improvement in performance (I take that to mean 'get-up-and-go') as well as gas mileage. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments on that score? Living in the Colorado Front Range, I wouldn't mind a bit more pep when I take it up into the mountains.
2007 4x4 Ltd w/CVT; 24,500 mi.; and now PAID IN FULL!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, guys -- all good info. Magnaflow advertises, though, an improvement in performance (I take that to mean 'get-up-and-go') as well as gas mileage. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments on that score? Living in the Colorado Front Range, I wouldn't mind a bit more pep when I take it up into the mountains.
2007 4x4 Ltd w/CVT; 24,500 mi.; and now PAID IN FULL!!
its really tough to notice a difference with a CVT transmission, but with my manual 08 compass i felt a difference. I can say the CVT does pull harder when i'm doing 40 and floor the car. I cant really do a mileage comparison because soon after i installed the exhaust the old side temps dropped in my area. And as you already know when the temps drop so does the gas mileage. i cant wait to see the difference this summer in gas mileage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts