My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Compass. I wanted to have a remote start installed on it. i was going to take it to the Jeep dealer to have it installed, but im hearing that this could cause starter problems later. I have just the regular key entry. Has anyone else experienced this problem before, and/or do you think its wise to have it installed?
staceyB

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just moved to Alaska and when it gets down to (-20f)-(-50f) it can be very useful and 90% of the vehicle out here have one due to the temp and no one here has any problems with starters

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's absolutely no problem with a remote start in this vehicle.. In fact these vehicles are what they consider "remote start ready".. Meaning a simple upgrade can enable a remote start from a factory remote. These jeeps having antigrind on their starters, so these things are safe to out a remote start in. I installed my own remote starter.. Worth every penny.. There's only a few wires that need to be installed. The only things you won't have is rear defroster and heated seats enabled.. These can be installed with the remote starter but it's risky.. You can risk burning them out if not installed properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts