My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a 2 part question. i own a 2015 compass

1. my wife bought me 2 sets of alpine 6x9's for the doors and after popping off the grilles on the door i notice the factory speakers have a square plug adapter whereas the alpines do not. can i simply cut off the adapter and splice on the standard speaker wires/connectors that came with the alpines?

2. the alpine speakers are 3-way 400 watt speakers. will this force me to buy a new head unit or will the new speakers work/sound good with the factory head unit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll jump in: does not seem to be a lot of activity on this forum. I just picked up a 2015, and have yet to have any of my 3 posts responded to.:(

Yep; cut 'em off. But I'd watch the polarity, otherwise you may be out of phase and wonder why it sounds like [email protected] . Hopefully the Jeep speaker will be marked + and -. Your new speakers should be. Here is a great link to phasing in speakers:
What Is Speaker Phase? - Blog | Sonic Electronix

I'm assuming the speakers are 400W peak; should sound fine. But if you need more volume, or they sound "muddy", you may indeed need more power.

At any rate, more power is always better...:eyebrows:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts