My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little driving light installation guide I've put together. Hopefully some forum members will find it useful.

I chose a Hella 500 driving light kit for the install because their look matches well with the stock Compass headlights, and because I have Hella bulbs installed in my headlights.

Step 1 - Measure and drill. I already had a 3/8 bit for metal that worked well.

Step 2 - Get longer bolts. The bolts that came with the kit were not long enough for installation on my 08 Compass. I had to pick up a pair of 3 1/2" 3/8 coarse thread bolts to get the job done. I also put a washer in between the light mount and the bumper that you can see in the pic.

Step 3 - Attach the hardware. This was by far the most complicated task. You have to reach through the slots in the bumper to be able to attach the nut underneath. There is very little room to work and get a wrench in there.

Step 4 - Attach lights to the mounting hardware. Easy enough.

Next weekend I'll wire the lights up and finish the project.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
First I must welcome you to the forum, tell us more about you and your ride !!!.....and secondly WOW what an intro my friend !!!!!!

Great write up......Keep it coming !

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum and like Ffl said, WOW is right, that looks awesome!!! Great writeup/intro and that is one sweeeeeet looking Compass, love the grille, thanks for sharing the pics!!! Hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I eventually did wire these up and wow, they make a huge difference for rural night driving. I opted to hook the relay up to the high beams so they only turn on when I use my high beams. I was a little wary of punching a hole in the dash for the switch.

No pics cause I did an embarrassingly poor job of keeping the wiring neat and tidy under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.