My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I recently decided to install new led headlights bulbs on my 2018 compass sport and found some that were the perfect size. Last night i tried installing them and was able to put the driver side one. Now I'm having issues with the passenger side there's just so much stuff on the way. My friend and I were able to put the light in but it is really difficult to turn it and lock it in place. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi y'all. I recently decided to install new led headlights bulbs on my 2018 compass sport and found some that were the perfect size. Last night i tried installing them and was able to put the driver side one. Now I'm having issues with the passenger side there's just so much stuff on the way. My friend and I were able to put the light in but it is really difficult to turn it and lock it in place. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Yep the old my hand can’t fit in the space provided, been there done that.. lol
You’re gonna have to take the 4-5 screws holding the inner wheel cover and go thru the bottom it’s still a bit hard but better than doing it from the top, also that lock holding the bulb in place has to be taken out when it’s still in the headlight because the wires are short and you won’t be able to pull it out much. Also helps if you have someone with tiny/skinny hands.. hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep the old my hand can’t fit in the space provided, been there done that.. lol
You’re gonna have to take the 4-5 screws holding the inner wheel cover and go thru the bottom it’s still a bit hard but better than doing it from the top, also that lock holding the bulb in place has to be taken out when it’s still in the headlight because the wires are short and you won’t be able to pull it out much. Also helps if you have someone with tiny/skinny hands.. hope this helps

omg i really appreciate you answering to my question i thought this forum was not active for a second lol so my friend and i did this but at the end the bulb i got still ended up in a weird angle when i locked in place so im returning it and getting one that can be rotated. it's just crazy to me that jeep made it so hard to put a damn bulb

·
Registered
14 Posts
omg i really appreciate you answering to my question i thought this forum was not active for a second lol so my friend and i did this but at the end the bulb i got still ended up in a weird angle when i locked in place so im returning it and getting one that can be rotated. it's just crazy to me that jeep made it so hard to put a damn bulb

That’s because they want you to go to dealers for simple things like that, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts