My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this video the other day and was wondering if anyone else has tried this:

I am assuming that the cars computer would need to be programed to fully accept the new cluster? Any ideas on how this could be done or how much the dealer would charge?

·
Registered
165 Posts
There is a place in New York called United Radio, and they will change the odometer setting for you. I did this with my cluster upgrades in my 2 Mustangs with them. Ask for Bob.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe another member did the upgrade. The only issue he got hung up on was the odometer if I recall.

I figured that would be the main issue with something like this. I suppose the dealer would have to do copy the mileage over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I believe another member did the upgrade. The only issue he got hung up on was the odometer if I recall.

I figured that would be the main issue with something like this. I suppose the dealer would have to do copy the mileage over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am that person and I am still trying to get it to work. The dealership is checking now, found one I can trust. Might take Jim up on his offer to call this guy out of new York.

Been a pain otherwise

·
Registered
165 Posts
Let me know how it goes. It was some years ago he did the digital clusters for me in the past, and everyone on the Mustang forums used them. He was quite helpful. Assuming he is still there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Digging up an old thread here, but did anyone ever get this working? I just got a 2018 Sport 6MT and wanted to stick the 7" instrument cluster in it. I found one from a donor vehicle that has 43150 miles while mine has 43012. With such a small mileage difference I'm assuming I could just connect the new cluster, run the proxy alignment, and be good to go?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Digging up an old thread here, but did anyone ever get this working? I just got a 2018 Sport 6MT and wanted to stick the 7" instrument cluster in it. I found one from a donor vehicle that has 43150 miles while mine has 43012. With such a small mileage difference I'm assuming I could just connect the new cluster, run the proxy alignment, and be good to go?
correct. matching the milage the closest is the best choice

·
Registered
7 Posts

Can confirm this worked. Wasn't sure if the 6MT was ever offered with the upgraded cluster but they seem to get along just fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was your new cluster out of 6MT vehicle? Can I get one from any vehicle with the closet mileage to mines and get a proxy alginment?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The upgraded display was a factory option for the 6MT in the US.
Turns out that as long as you get one closest to your mileage matter what vehicle and get the proxy alginment it will work fine. Confirm got mines done over the weekend

1 - 14 of 14 Posts