My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much is insurance? I am in Ontario and I was quoted $4600 from belairdiect. 1 accident at fault 2.5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
208 Posts
my g/f who will be the full time pilot was quoted about 950 for a year with collision, waiverof depreciation for the first 2 years and rental car in the event she is without.

This in in Alberta, she, like I is 32. She is clean for accidents and tickets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find a cheaper one, $4200 with Coachman. Ontario has the higher insurance in NA. Anyone know any cheaper insurance?

·
Registered
109 Posts
About 1200$ CAN

I reside near Montreal, Province of Quebec, Canada.

My insurer is "La Capitale" and I have 1 accident about 2 years ago, 100% responsibility in my file and I'm 31 years old male.

Belair, for the exact same coverage, was 2100$ :shock:

RedVortex

Others: Please state insurance fee, where you live, insurer, your file status, your age/sex please, it will give us a better idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought I'd add my 2 cents. I'm a 29-yr-old woman, no accidents and with State Farm in Ontario.

I need million dollar liability insurance for work purposes, and this made my insurance increase quite a bit. (I was originally set up with $300,000 coverage.) So I had to increase my deductible to $1000 in order to lower the cost.

Ended up having to pay about $1400 per year. (Plus I got a discount for having tenant's insurance with the same company. That runs about $20 per month, but with 2 policies with the same company, I got a 14% discount on the total, which put my tenant's insurance at about $2 per month.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Avoid Belair Direct at all costs. When I bought by new Civic a few years ago they adjusted my rate within a week of purchase to an extra 1,500 a year.

Also when I had my last not-at-fault accident I had to hire a lawyer to defend myself against the harassment of my own insurance company.

Find a lesser evil in Ontario.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out RBC Insurance for my fellow Canucks. I have them for my Matrix now and pay about $600 a year. I asked about the Compass to get an idea and they quoted $580 a year for my wife and I. We live in the Eastern Townships in Quebec.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check out http://www.insurancehotline.com

I checked out insurance for the jeep I want to buy.. the compass limited edition 4x4 and I was quoted $3600 a year with collision in Woodbridge, Ontario. (wawanesa insurance company)

Right now I'm paying $3000 for my mazda precidia without collision for that same company, so insurance on the compass is looking good!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts