My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of taking the air box out and getting a dremel and cutting the front of it out to open up the Intake. I was thinking of running 3 inch piping to run from the box the throttle body. I guess what I want to know is the factory pipe size ok for what I plan to run. I have 2.25 cat back exhaust. If a header ever came out I would probably get it. I am not expecting to make huge power gains out of my jeep. I just want to open it up a little. If I keep the stock pipe I will just get the drop in K&N filter. I drove mostly highway @ around 2.5K RPM. Oh it is a 2011 BTW with the stupid computer mounted to the airbox.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am thinking of taking the air box out and getting a dremel and cutting the front of it out to open up the Intake. I was thinking of running 3 inch piping to run from the box the throttle body. I guess what I want to know is the factory pipe size ok for what I plan to run. I have 2.25 cat back exhaust. If a header ever came out I would probably get it. I am not expecting to make huge power gains out of my jeep. I just want to open it up a little. If I keep the stock pipe I will just get the drop in K&N filter. I drove mostly highway @ around 2.5K RPM. Oh it is a 2011 BTW with the stupid computer mounted to the airbox.
4x4 not fit:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts