My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The interior changes so far have been adding 3M carbon fiber Anthracite film to bezel parts. The removal of the bezels around the radio and side vents were easy to very difficult. The air vent on the driver’s side was a “snap”. With a plastic trim removal tool, the vent came right out. The passenger side vent was a whole other story. It started to come out the same, but would not move more than a 1/2 inch away from the dash. After breaking one of the tabs, we were able to remove the bezel from the vent housing. Then we could look further into the vent hole and see that the housing was held in place by a screw. To remove the screw, 2 panels had to be removed from the side of the dash, next to the door. By feel, we were able to remove the screw and the vent housing came right out. Replacing the screw, once the air vent housing was replaced in the car, was also a very long trail and error process. Why the screw? And not in both vents???

The bezel around the radio was pretty easy, but needed to be pulled straight out of the hole. This was hard not knowing were the main fasteners (or type) were located. We broke one of the tabes by not pulling the bezel away from the dash, from the bottom, at the same time. I was able to use 2 part epoxy to glue the tabs back on both the radio and air vent bezel.

There are other parts I would like to remove, but can’t find any information on the type of fasteners or the location. The bezel around the transmission housing looks like I could break the part if I pried in the wrong place. The door handle housing is something else I would like to “wrap”, but looks like I need to take the whole door interior off to get to this part.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed in one of your "posts" that you used pictures from Jeep Compass factory service manual. How and where did you get that? Would love to see how they show taking off the front door interior parts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I noticed in one of your "posts" that you used pictures from Jeep Compass factory service manual. How and where did you get that? Would love to see how they show taking off the front door interior parts.
Got it through Mopar Tach Authority online, Service info for Jeep Compass MP #81-370-18068-CD for my 2018. Not like the old service manuals from Mopar. Not as much detail and no wiring diagrams. Must have internet access when using the disc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts