My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I just purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass North Edition and so far, so good. Much more toys to play with than my 2011 Compass.
The only thing I'm disappointed with is the front intermittent windshield wipers. There are only two options for intermittent, a ten second delay and a delay based on the vehicle speed. Now I don't know about you guys, but I really like the option of having a few different delay settings like I've had on a number of previous vehicles I've owned. The delay based on speed doesn't seem to work for me. Granted I've only had the Compass for two days, and only driven in the rain once (today), but I did a little experiment, and timed the delay at various speeds (city and highway). It seemed the same no matter what.
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this yet, and does it seem to be a problem for you?
I may call the dealership (Richmond Chrysler) and ask about this issue as well.
Love to hear your feedback.
Cheers
Telecom guy

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've found the speed-variable setting to be a little less than ideal as well. Its a nice thought to try to make it so the user doesn't have to fiddle with a delay knob, but there are too many different variables and scenarios that they can't account for all of them and at the end of the day I'd rather have the option to make minute adjustments myself. As its sits I get stuck having the wipers go more frequently than necessary which isn't the end of the world but not my favorite. Could be much worse, I've had cars with only two or three set speeds and no variability at all in the past.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The intermittent windshield wipers are a feature that allows you to control the speed of the windshield wipers. Here’s how to use them: 1. Push the windshield wiper lever down one notch to the INT position. This will turn the wipers on a low setting. 2. Rotate the intermittent time adjustment ring to control how frequently the windshield wipers wipe. 3. When the conditions are no longer wet, return the wiper lever to the Off position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts