My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jessica and I e recently purchased a white 2020 Jeep Compass Limited. I’m hoping I’ve come to the right site to get some guidance on the different mods that can be purchased. The first thing I’d like to do is black out all the chrome. Is there a kit that be customized to cover the chrome trim? Where do I look?

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure there are others on the site who have purchased blackout kits and can give you advice.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You should have bought a High Altitude if you like black trim. High Altitude already comes with all trim either black or granite crystal (sparkly black), black/granite rims, etc and High Altitude even comes with a black headliner which is super rare. You can still get it with white body color obviously. High Altitude basically builds off a Limited as its base so you get all Limited standard equipment and more. I mean if you seriously want all black trim inside and out you should see if its not too late to go back and swap for a High Altitude. You had a piss poor salesman if you told them you wanted black trim and they gave you a Limited.

I haven't seen any blackout kits for the Compass but I don't look either. Even if you find one its gonna be a TON of cheap plastic junk with 3M tape for days... And probably won't cover everything. A very expensive route would be getting all the black OEM trim from a High Altitude and having it all installed but that would cost such a ridiculous amount of money that again it only makes the most sense to go back to the dealer and swap for a High Altitude.

Barring that I think you are looking at piecemealing random black trim stick-on kits like for the chrome rings in the grille and such, and probably having to remove other parts and plasti-dip or vinyl wrap them (probably would have to pay a shop to do unless you are very handy and very patient).

Go online, look at pics of a High Altitude, then look at your Limited, now back to the High Altitude, and back to your Limited... feel foolish for 3-10 seconds then run don't walk back to the dealer if you are within the 14 days or however long they give people to change their minds and swap out.

·
Registered
2019 compass sport 4x4 6 speed manual
83 Posts
You should have bought a High Altitude if you like black trim. High Altitude already comes with all trim either black or granite crystal (sparkly black), black/granite rims, etc and High Altitude even comes with a black headliner which is super rare. You can still get it with white body color obviously. High Altitude basically builds off a Limited as its base so you get all Limited standard equipment and more. I mean if you seriously want all black trim inside and out you should see if its not too late to go back and swap for a High Altitude. You had a piss poor salesman if you told them you wanted black trim and they gave you a Limited.

I haven't seen any blackout kits for the Compass but I don't look either. Even if you find one its gonna be a TON of cheap plastic junk with 3M tape for days... And probably won't cover everything. A very expensive route would be getting all the black OEM trim from a High Altitude and having it all installed but that would cost such a ridiculous amount of money that again it only makes the most sense to go back to the dealer and swap for a High Altitude.

Barring that I think you are looking at piecemealing random black trim stick-on kits like for the chrome rings in the grille and such, and probably having to remove other parts and plasti-dip or vinyl wrap them (probably would have to pay a shop to do unless you are very handy and very patient).

Go online, look at pics of a High Altitude, then look at your Limited, now back to the High Altitude, and back to your Limited... feel foolish for 3-10 seconds then run don't walk back to the dealer if you are within the 14 days or however long they give people to change their minds and swap out.
Good information, a little rude tho.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass North Altitude
39 Posts
Good information, a little rude tho.
This guy is always rude and very unwelcoming! Arudlang Wrote some foul crap to me on a post when I was first new on the site! You get better deals if the car is already made verses trying to put in an order or to hunt for what you like! There is a distribution amount based off of a thing called population density vs demand when your local dealer gets in models.. I had to search across a 5 hour span from where I lived to get exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am sorry for being rude. I have good days and bad days and I try to have more good ones than bad ones.

It just struck me as surprising someone getting a new Limited and wanting to black it out because Limited is literally the shiniest chromeiest trim level they have, and a High Altitude is literally a Limited with all blacked out trim and accents instead of the chrome, so it just seems like if you are already buying a brand new car then get it the way you want it right out of the gate.

A few weeks ago I waltzed into my small local dealer, told them I wanted a black Cherokee High Altitude with sunroof and V6. Two days later it was there and I was handed the keys, easy as pie. I got all the available cash back and incentives that were available at the time, even the 0% financing. Its not a big deal for them to do dealer trades.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass North Altitude
39 Posts
I am sorry for being rude. I have good days and bad days and I try to have more good ones than bad ones.

It just struck me as surprising someone getting a new Limited and wanting to black it out because Limited is literally the shiniest chromeiest trim level they have, and a High Altitude is literally a Limited with all blacked out trim and accents instead of the chrome, so it just seems like if you are already buying a brand new car then get it the way you want it right out of the gate.

A few weeks ago I waltzed into my small local dealer, told them I wanted a black Cherokee High Altitude with sunroof and V6. Two days later it was there and I was handed the keys, easy as pie. I got all the available cash back and incentives that were available at the time, even the 0% financing. Its not a big deal for them to do dealer trades.
Not everyone’s experience is as yours and it really all depends where you live! All Im saying is you should have some more understanding if someone is genuinely asking for help. You couldve suggested she look further into a trade in etc. No need for trolling. Anywho, hope you have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Moving right along, the intention of this thread is for Jessica to introduce herself and for the rest of us to welcome her to the group, two very noble purposes. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Moving right along, the intention of this thread is for Jessica to introduce herself and for the rest of us to welcome her to the group, two very noble purposes. :)
Yes, of course.

I'm still a little worried about myself though, some days I wonder if I'm even capable of being nice or at least not sarcastic. My gut reaction to Jasmine pointing out the above was to type "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Jessica and welcome to the forum!!! Sorry you bought the wrong version of the carrrr....... hope you like it anywayssssssss!!" Which, in my head, was totally hilarious but upon further thought I'm guessing others won't find it as funny 🙃

Just ignore me. I'm going to go crawl back into my hole for a while.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Oh come on! You've made many helpful posts. C'mon -- get out of your hole -- put a smile on your face. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts