My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to the forums. I am here looking for some information for a friend’s 2007 Jeep Compass. She is having issues with her driver's side power window.

Occasionally, the window would go down and not come back up, then mysteriously begin working again a few hours later.

When I took a look at it, the window was working, but I noticed that when you pressed the down switch, the window would go down, but when you released the switch, the window would "glide" to a stop, moving another 1/2" to 1" after I took my finger off the switch. All other windows stop immediately after releasing the switch.

I think this is a worn window motor clutch and that I need to order and install a new motor assembly. What do you folks think?

Thanks for any insight!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum.........pretty sure some members will answer your question.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If by chance there is any warranty left, I would take it in, but if not, it does sound like the motor is going. Is there any noise associated with the motor?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, no warranty.

When the motor is working, there is no funny noises associated with it. The only weird behavior it exhibits is the "gliding" to a stop when you release the button. Again, this glide is only about 1/2" to 1", but none of the other windows do it. That's why I think it is the clutches slipping. There are clutches in these assemblies, correct?

I ordered a new motor assembly yesterday.

Another issue that has arisen... after putting the door back together, I was told by my friend that when she takes out her key and opens the door, the radio continues to play. Previously, the radio would turn off when she pulled the handle to open the door.

Any ideas on this one?

And again, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
when you open the door, do the lights come on inside the car? its all computerized, when the door opens and depending on the setting, the lights will come on or off, the computer recognizes that ahd and kills power to everything but the lights and cluster panel. What im getting at, is i dont think you did anything wrong on the door, i think that maybe when you unhooked the wiring, it mightve screwed the computer up. you may be forced to taking it to the dealer. Or try unhooking the battery for a couple minutes to "reset" everything. Best of luck! hope everything works out ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlight Trouble

Hello My husband and I are wondering if anyone has any idea what could be wrong with our headlight on our Jeep. Tried replacing the main headlight and it didn't work, he checked and there seems to be no power going to the light. Anyone have any issues with this type of problems. We really would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Most of the controls, lights and accessories are powered and controlled via programming by the T.I.PM. You will find fuses and such and these T.I.M.P boxes seem to have a high failure rate especially since your vechicles electronics is highly dependent on it. Seems like poor engineering, I've replaced two already in warranty for fog light issues. This Totoally Intergrates Power Module is near the drivers fender right of the air intake. Check the owners manual and/or flip side for fuse assignments.

However, I have never seen a fuse used in a headlight circuit. It usually a circuit braker or some other recoverable protection. Are they both out by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlight Trouble

No, just the one headlight on the driver's side. Thanks for your reply will follow your suggestion and let all know how I make out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts