My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is anyone else having a problem with this site "timing out" on ya if you don't post or click on something every five minutes? I know I am logged in, but when I am on the computer, I am running multiple apps at the same time, and every time I come back to this one, I have to log in again??? I know I am not here that much, but sheesh, lol! :) Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
Does not happen to me?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what it is, I turn away for a few minutes and have to log in all over again. Perhaps the mods can shed some light on it. Thanks for the response :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Depends on the apps that you are running. There are some out there that don't take up a lot of bandwidth, but if it needs to, it'll "cut you off" and use all of your bandwidth for itself... basically, it cuts off your internet connection briefly "signing" you out of sites... I had this issue with a ford of AutoCADD at one point in time, if I tried to download new layers for the program I'd get signed out of everything to include Outlook.

That's about all I can add. I dont' know all of the apps that do this - I only found out after a process of emilmination and calling the AutoCADD Techs that told me about this (only happened with the version that I had - they upgraded me so it didn't happen again - FOR FREE!).

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input Javalitis, and no, I'm definitely not running something complicated lke AutoCADD, though that never really caused me any trouble the few times I used it, just a couple things for work and couple different internet sites. Just noticed it because I am on other forums, also, and they are a bit more patient with me if I have to ignore them for a bit, lol, but we'll see, perhaps it will work itself out...:) BTW, you into drafting?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've had it happen a time or two but never thought anything about it. I had stayed logged in and walked away from the computer for a while and assumed that it timed out and logged me out. It's not a huge issue for me, but I can see how if you're reading through forums it would get annoying logging in all the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would think that it only happens depending on your ISP. Over here in Germany, I don't get logged out at all, but I know that it happens in the states. It may be a security measure to fight off fraud and what not. I can't imagine that it happens while in the middle of browsing around a site. Only if you are idle for some amount of time. Might be a computer setting as well??

Don't know really, cause like I said, I havn't had an issue with it over here in Germany and the times that I've been in the states, I never thought anything of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.