My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time with a paperless service manual, but I don't see any index or any way to search. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the disc also and as far as I know there is no "Search" feature or index for the disc. You have to go through the topics and pick what looks like the best choice for what you are looking for and work down through the sub-menus. This manual is no where near as good as the older hard copy or even early CD manuals.
What are you looking for? Maybe I can help?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the disc also and as far as I know there is no "Search" feature or index for the disc. You have to go through the topics and pick what looks like the best choice for what you are looking for and work down through the sub-menus. This manual is no where near as good as the older hard copy or even early CD manuals.
What are you looking for? Maybe I can help?
Thanks @[email protected] , not looking for anything specific at the moment. I did find a way to search that sort of works using windows file search. If you browse to the CD with the file browser then in the file search window type CONTENT: XXXXX where XXXXX is the word you are searching for, windows will search inside the files on the CD and return a list of XML files that contain the search term. You can open the XML files which are unfortunately not too readable but you can at least get the gist of what you were searching for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts