My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than a week ago I purchased a 2018 limited 4x4 14k miles. Drove it home 15 miles then only drove it a few miles over the weekend. Drove to work this morning 15 miles. Got in it to leave work and when I started it every warning light on the vehicle went off lights blinking everywhere. Drove it back to the lot. They’re gonna call tomorrow. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
197 Posts
battery possably if it sat for a whiler before being sold... That being said it could be a bunch of things . Just wait for diagnosis and take it from there

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
I just mentioned this in another thread. I had that happen once. It was winter and I backed out of my driveway, crashing through the road rind so my neighbor could plow my driveway. I parked and when I restarted, like you, my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I shut it off briefly and when I restarted all but the CEL were gone. I went to a store that does free scans and when I got there the CEL went out before he even checked it. There were no stored codes.

I also had a problem with the TPMS warning for no reason. Tire pressure was fine and the light went out when I restarted.

Too many electronics in these new vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just mentioned this in another thread. I had that happen once. It was winter and I backed out of my driveway, crashing through the road rind so my neighbor could plow my driveway. I parked and when I restarted, like you, my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I shut it off briefly and when I restarted all but the CEL were gone. I went to a store that does free scans and when I got there the CEL went out before he even checked it. There were no stored codes.

I also had a problem with the TPMS warning for no reason. Tire pressure was fine and the light went out when I restarted.

Too many electronics in these new vehicles.
I hope it’s just some freak thing. 🙏

1 - 6 of 6 Posts