My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our Compass for less than 2 months, and love it, but it seems to have a dark cloud over it.

We're still waiting for repair for the $2500.00 of hail damage that occurred on Sept. 22nd. We have an appointment for next Tuesday.

So, today, we're going out to dinner, and we're sitting stopped at a red light, waiting for it to turn green, and bam, we get rear-ended. Not a tap, but a hard hit.

Minimual visual damage, just the imprint of the guy's license plate in our bumper. I'm thinking if we had been in the Sable, there would have been more damage. I think this goes to say something about the safety factor or the Cherokee.My husband and I both have muscle strain in our necks and back. Of course, the guy who hit me said "Oh, I'm driving someone else's car" which when the police got there, it turned out mean NO INSURANCE!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Your insurance should be suing him for all costs. I am sure the police will through the book at him but that is a bummer big time.

You don't have a signature in the post. Year and type of Compass and where you at?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tripplec, thanks for pointing out I didn't have my Jeep or location on my signature. I've added that.

Since the accident, both my husband and I have been having disomfort and pain, and yesterday, we went to our chiropractor. Feeling better with the first treatment, and we both have 3 more appointments during the next weeks. Our insurance is paying for our medical portion.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Tripplec, thanks for pointing out I didn't have my Jeep or location on my signature. I've added that.

Since the accident, both my husband and I have been having disomfort and pain, and yesterday, we went to our chiropractor. Feeling better with the first treatment, and we both have 3 more appointments during the next weeks. Our insurance is paying for our medical portion.
Yes it takes a while to feel better. I was rear ended while standing still on high speed highway. Got hit real hard by a full side van that could not stop when in a Caravan. My back muscles and around my neck took a while to get back to normal. I trust you'll make a full recovery be careful not to strain the already weakened muscles though.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Sure am sorry to hear this, definitely a bummer! Definitely hope you two recover fully! Were you able to get the bumper fixed yet?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After telling the police that he didn't have insurance, he actually does have insurance. So his insurance is covering the accident. We had to fight tooth and nail, because the guy who hit us was supposed to have called his insurance to admit is guilt, but wasn't doing so. I ended up faxing his insurance a copy of the police report. Got the ok yesterday from his insurance to do the repair.

The Jeep is now in the shop, for both the hail damage that happened in September, and the rear-ending.

My husband and I are undergoing care through our chiropractor, have had 3 appointments incuding massage and accupuncture therapy, and are considerably better.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow, sounds like a lot of red tape to get through, but glad to hear you're getting everything fixed, should be a brand new Compass when you get it back and good to know the both of you are on the mend, too! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Compass has been at the body shop for a week now. Just got a call today, they continue to work on the hail damage via paintless dent repair. As for the rear bumper, originally it was thought that the fender cover was the only thing to be repaired. But now that they've removed the cover, the one of the brackets that I believe holds the bumper to the frame is bent, and needs to be replaced. May get the Jeep back as early as Friday. We were stopped at a stop light, and I knew when we were hit, it was pretty hard, as the flashlight in the headliner of the cargo area was knocked out and was laying on the floor.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Good to hear an update and I'm sure you're anxious to get it back!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my Compass back from the body shop Friday p.m. Good to have it back. Had a Chev Impala for a rental, it was nice, but reinforced why we didn't buy a sedan. Anyways, the Compass is back to it's original condition. I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive.

The hail damage was over $2500.00 - less our $100.00 deductible. The cost to repair the bumper bracket and replace the bumper cover was just under $2100.00 - of which the other insurance company paid.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That's great news, glad to hear it!!! Sure hope you and your husband are still recovering well also!

- Cherokee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts