My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - just purchased a used 2009 Compass a couple of days ago and I pick it up today.

I'm in Windsor, just across from Detroit and I am totally STUPID when it comes to auto mechanics.

I came looking for info and general conversations and one of the first questions I came upon here was the references to MK - don't know what it is.

Nice to have the forum available - Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
when talking about jeeps, owners will reference the two-character code that talks about the vehicle's underlying frame. for example, all jeep patriots and compasses are referred to as MK models because jeep's ordering code for those vehicle is MK. an original jeep cherokee is called an XJ, a new 2 door wrangler is a JK, grand cherokee is a WK, etc etc etc. it's a shorthand code for jeep owners to describe not only the model of the jeep they have, but in the case of several generations, what year range they have as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for taking time to clear that up - mind is clearer now.

Have another question which I've been thinking off, along the same line.

Keeping in mind I'm a Canuck, why is the North Edition not mentioned much. Almost all sites I did research on always mentioned the Sports or the Limited editions but hardly the North.

Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thank you for taking time to clear that up - mind is clearer now.

Have another question which I've been thinking off, along the same line.

Keeping in mind I'm a Canuck, why is the North Edition not mentioned much. Almost all sites I did research on always mentioned the Sports or the Limited editions but hardly the North.

Thanks
because the North edition is only sold in one place...the north :) it is a canadian package only. here in the US, we call it the Latitude edition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, if all of Michigan is North of me they sell the North and not the Latitude!!

All kidding aside, Thanks for being so quick with your replies - it is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Compass! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your ride! Do you have any mods in mind for it? I see your questions got answered lol so hope you enjoy the site and your Compass! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Cherokee

Thanks for the Welcome - much appreciated.

Pictures will be posted at a later time-although it is just plain ole blue Compass.

In the meantime don't plan to make any mods - except maybe a decal (lol) since Jeep, whose mother company is now FIAT owns and sponsors my Italian soccer team- Juventus. I know, that's taking marketing a little too far, but it is a co-incidence.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Compass! Any pics you can share? We'd love to see your ride! Do you have any mods in mind for it? I see your questions got answered lol so hope you enjoy the site and your Compass! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts