My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting....It's also worth noting that parent company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' assembly plant in Toluca, Mexico earned a gold medal for having the fewest defects out of any North American plant. Both the Dodge Journey and Jeep Compass are built at this facility.

·
1,039 Posts
I wonder what the time span of the survey is. Initial quality? First year? To me the best survey would be based on owner satisfaction after five years or 100,000 miles WCF.

Why are a few highlighted in yellow?

Regardless of the disclaimer it's interesting that Tesla is off the bottom of the chart. Maybe that's because their technology is new and evolving.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yellow is because Kia and Dodge tied and Genesis was the best for premium brands.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I worked at Ford, and engineer was checking out a Focus in our area, and I asked what was up. He said he was wondering where it was built, because at the time they were built local in Wayne Michigan, and in Hermasillo, Mexico. The Mexican versions had a FRACTION of TGW's (things gone wrong per 100,000 produced), compared to the U.S. versions. I hate to say it, it was surprising, because of the supposid fact the the U.S. versions should be a better product. Maybe this is the same case here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a quality engineer working with the staff at a Mexican maquiladora south of San Diego, I was quite surprised at the level of education and training most all of the quality staff had. We brought several of their best to the US to help us in our manufacturing site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 2012 focus before the Compass. Put 262,463 miles on it. Only problem was at 240,000 miles when the radiator fan controller went and sent overheat messages to the gauge. The car was built in Michigan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts