My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we had a flat tire. I looked where the spare tire was for instructions as to where to position the jack. NO PICTURE OR ILLISTRATIONS :x GOT OUT THE OWNERS BOOK, AND THERE WAS A PICTURE :!: Then I read the very samll printing on the jack. DO NOT RAISE THE JACK ANY FARTHER UP THAN NEEDED :!: To take of the flat tire and put on the spare it all but four turns until it was as far up as it could go :evil: I would encourage you to put a block of wood the size of the base of the jack otherwise the jack istoo short :!: How can this pass by the makers of this jack :?: Anyone else notice this as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem with jack

We had a flat tire the other day, I had no trouble with the jack. It lifted up the compass with ease and high enough too. I would maybe get someone to check out the jack to make sure its OK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The jack does indeed seem to need to go a long way up. Far more than any other I have used.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was able to work under my Compass in my garage using the jack provided with it. I had enough space to work right under the middle of it.

By the way, before you all go crazy :), I made sure that if the jack failed the truck wasn't going to crush me under, I put wood blocks everywhere just before I went under it just in case.

RedVortex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts