My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly I’ll be returning my Jeep Wednesday 12th and I will not be replacing it with another Jeep.
After a conversation today with Jeep UK they still could not confirm a delivery date for the parts required suggesting that until I ‘commit’ to placing an order for the parts (under manufacturer warranty) they will not or can not confirm a delivery?
This could be weeks or months, sadly I am not prepared to wait only to be told later that my Jeep won’t be repaid for 6 months.
It’s absolutely crazy that Jeep are willing to lose a customer for the sake of confirming a delivery date.
So sadly, my Jeep will be returning to the dealer and I’ll select another marquee - My Jeep experience was short and bitterly disappointing, what a bad show from Jeep. Unfortunately they will never increase sales or be the SUV of choice with this attitude and total disregard to customer care.

·
Administrator
2,055 Posts
Are they giving you a full refund? If so, at least they are standing behind it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they giving you a full refund? If so, at least they are standing behind it.
I think so yes, I’m there tomorrow to discuss or exchange for a different marquee but similar type model.....I’ll keep you posted.
What would wind Jeep up more....A Kia, Peugeot, Range Rover 🤔

·
Administrator
2,055 Posts
I think so yes, I’m there tomorrow to discuss or exchange for a different marquee but similar type model.....I’ll keep you posted.
What would wind Jeep up more....A Kia, Peugeot, Range Rover 🤔
Get what's best for you and your needs. The present situation will pass, but the vehicle may last for years . . . or not.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
37 Posts
Sorry to hear this and understand your frustration! I am going to guess that they can't get the parts to the current supply chain chaos going on worldwide? Unfortunately this is the world we live in at the moment and hopefully it will get better sooner. How long have you had the Jeep, what is the return policy of the dealer from whom you purchased and what other marquees does that dealer sell? If they let you return the Jeep as-is and give you a full refund/equivalent marquee, then I would be referring that dealer to all of my family and friends! I asked about other marquees because if they only sell Jeeps, I don't foresee them buying you a different car from a different dealer. However I would love to be proved wrong.

Hoping everything works out for you today and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear this and understand your frustration! I am going to guess that they can't get the parts to the current supply chain chaos going on worldwide? Unfortunately this is the world we live in at the moment and hopefully it will get better sooner. How long have you had the Jeep, what is the return policy of the dealer from whom you purchased and what other marquees does that dealer sell? If they let you return the Jeep as-is and give you a full refund/equivalent marquee, then I would be referring that dealer to all of my family and friends! I asked about other marquees because if they only sell Jeeps, I don't foresee them buying you a different car from a different dealer. However I would love to be proved wrong.

Hoping everything works out for you today and please keep us posted!
They do have a Jeep franchise but also deal with other marquees at different locations, as for world demand I doubt very much that the Jeep production lines have stopped so I assume they do have the parts available but not for existing customers I assume?
They will offer a full refund as here in the UK you have 30 days after purchase, this problem started the day after I took delivery, they were made aware straight away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What parts are they trying to get? Will they not give you a loaner.
Hi Booman,
They need to get a new unit but apparently it’s not just the touchscreen, they replace the whole unit. They also have to replace the trim piece around the unit as this snaps when you try and remove it, the trim is not available until around April/May - That’s terrible customer service and obviously Jeep have not made any provisions for spare parts for any vehicles they have sold 🤷‍♂️
I can’t see them giving me a loaner for months!!! 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts