My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Since a few months I have a Jeep Compass '08. I love my car very much. The only thing that disturbs me is the Audio System. I would love to have an Audio System with USB Connection, since I have all of my music on a USB Stick. I don't need a Navigation system since I have this extra in my car.
Since I live in Germany I don't know if I need something special. So here are my questions.

1. What kind of Radio or Audio system would be working with my jeep?
2. What kind of Adapter would I also need so I can still use my steering wheel Remote control?
3. Where can I get it??

thank you very much..

Docfraiser

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
These radios are not like the olden days where you connect to 12V, GND and speaker channels etc. They're on some computer data buss (why I don't know) but you'll most likely need some module costing almost as much as a head unit. Mine has a 3.5mm MP3 audio input for a play but of course not control for songs and selection via the existing head. Chrysler is way behing the times with this. They have a so so upgrade solution if you pay the outrages price they think its work. Its not worth it and it pretty poor solution as well. You can check with an car radio install shop which sells units for what is needed to be compatible. Best bet in my opinion. If you blow something in that data buss you'll Cry Cry Cry... no amount of beer will make it go away. LOL

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Its actually very simple to do, and not very much money.

Do you have the factory system (4 speakers no boston acoustics).

If so then the next question you will need to answer is whether or not you want sindge DIN or double DIN, the factory radio is basically a 1.5 DIN.

Here is a kit if you want just the standard size cd headunit
Factory Radio Canbus Replacement Single DIN Installation Complete Dash Kit | eBay
Now to retain your steering wheel controls I never did that however, there are kits for them but i'm not sure how difficult they are to install (most likely just some extra wiring).
PAC® - Steering Wheel Control Interface

Picture of my 2008 patriot single din Sony headunit (with usb)

Please let me know if you need any help or have any more questions

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I should also add, in my 2012 Compass with the Nav and Boston Acoustics stereo I was able to add an aftermarket subwoofer and amp with no adaptors, you can add things you just have to know what you are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts