My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put 245/70/r17 rock star 2 with miss. Looks good but coming home little more power needed. But couple days before my engine light came on checked said catilac converter is low flow. Could this make my car work harder or did I just put to much weight? Fits good no lift kit only thing turn all the way one way and it runs plastic piece that sticks out in middle cut your good to go no problems

·
961 Posts
I doubt load or tire size are related to the catcon. Catcon problems will show up under higher RPMs like if you're racing away from a traffic light or climbing a steep hill. The good news is it won't just drop dead on you -- you probably have a couple hundred miles to get to a repair shop. However the symptoms will worsen until it becomes undriveable.

How many miles on your Compass? 2016 seems new to be having catcon problems. My Pontiac made it to 225,000 miles on its original; my Jeep Patriot went the distance on its original (275,000 miles). That was two years ago. The guy I sold it to is still driving it so it must be close to 300,000 miles by now. We're good friends and he's not mentioned it -- I think he would have.

Those tires do look enormous. No rubbing anywhere?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts