My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we update the map in Uconnect systems without going to service? There is an update section in the system and according to the information I found on the internet, we need to generate a code from here and then enter at garmin.com/auto-update
(see https://static.garmincdn.com/autoOem/chrysler/doc/en/Chrysler update instructions V3.pdf)

But when I enter this site, it leads to:
https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/home/en_us/chryslerna/usd

And from here, when I choose Jeep Compass and 2018 as the year, I get the following message: "Our records indicate you have the most recent map update for your vehicle. Please check back soon for a map update product."

But I know that Garmin is updating the map at least 2 times a year. (it was a few years ago, now maybe the frequency has increased even more)

Obviously, I could not rely on the method I found on the internet and the information given by the site. Do you have a different method?

Again according to the information in the same PDF file, to understand the need to update the map from the navigation settings to enter the system part of a 10-digit Unit ID is required.
Unfortunately, my vehicle does not have a system part in the navigation settings. any ideas ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Were you ever able to update your map? Hoping to update mine soon as well and would like to know if it's possible without going to the dealer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I believe all current uconnect systems get their updates OTA. You can use a VIN to download them from the uconnect site, but from what I understand, once a VIN is used once to download the file, it can't be used again (for the same version). There are some places that host these files. Also, you can only install newer versions. If you try to apply the same version or less it will throw an error. I don't know that there has been a recent update to the compass uconnect version in awhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts