My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am in UK and new to the forum.
I have some questions, can you help me with?

I am planning to Buy Jeep Compass 2019 model 1.4 Longitude Petrol version, mileage is around 10K. Since its Covid time, I saw only pics and haven't seen the car physically yet.

1. How's the oil consumption
2. How's the fuel/petrol consumption? It says 41.5 MPG combined. But people say its thirstier, is it so?
3. How's the servicing/owning/running cost?
4. Is the satnav and the display is good enough?
5. Priced about £14K, is it good in your opinion?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I suggest to look the car in details anyway or delegate it to specialized service.

Are you looking for 4x4 of FWD? It is a huge difference.

Based on my experience of FWD, I can say that no oil consumption has been noticed. Average fuel consumption in city limits is ~9 ltr/100km (during winter is closer to 10). Outside city limits... depends on speed you are traveling :) (computer shows even from 5 ltr/100km but on highway could be much more).
You are looking for 2019? Probably still under warranty (maybe with extended varranty?). With this milleage and only 1,5-2 years old there shouldn't be any additional costs (see specialized service checks issue mentioned above).
I think that 8,4" is the proper display for that car but I'm not sure what were equipmment levels in your country (you wrote sth about Longitude). Satnav is a good one here.

good luck!

·
Administrator
2,204 Posts
Hey Guys, I am in UK and new to the forum.
I have some questions, can you help me with?

I am planning to Buy Jeep Compass 2019 model 1.4 Longitude Petrol version, mileage is around 10K. Since its Covid time, I saw only pics and haven't seen the car physically yet.

1. How's the oil consumption
2. How's the fuel/petrol consumption? It says 41.5 MPG combined. But people say its thirstier, is it so?
3. How's the servicing/owning/running cost?
4. Is the satnav and the display is good enough?
5. Priced about £14K, is it good in your opinion?
1. My 2018 sucked oil. My 2019 does not. There is a recall/update to correct the oil problem but it recent so no reports on how well it addressed the problem. If yours is diesel it may not have had the oil consumption problem. I don't recall seeing any complaints about it from UK members on this site. Seems to be a North American problem.
2. My driving is mostly highway and runs on gasoline not diesel. With LRR tires at 60MPH I'm easily into the mid-30s MPG. In the winter with snow tires I'm getting high 20s MPG (25-28). I'm guessing you have diesel which is not available in the USA so hard to compare. This is more like an apples:squash comparison than apples:eek:ranges.
3. No problems yet.
4. I don't have the navigation system.
5. I don't know what typical prices are in the UK, but in the US$ your price works out to <$20,000 and it sounds like a good deal all things being equal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.