My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm my suv it's been lately reaching 200 and 210 F degrees and it only has 8009 miles, is that normal?
I dropped it into a authorized dealer and they said normal temperatures are between 200 and 210 degrees.
I've been looking at other forums and everybody says 150 - 200
If someone knows what's they right operational temperature, any idea of how to prove it?

Sorry about my English... my mother lenguage is spanish 馃槄.

Thanks!!!!!

Registered
210 is normal. Ive reached that on a hot day with the ac on while stopped. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Administrator
225 seems high to me. These modern cooling systems ought to keep it down. Mine stays right around 195.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what I think too, I told the guys from Jeep and they said there's nothing they can do unless the light from overheating turns on...
Anyways... thanks for the help!

Administrator
Yeah that's what I think too, I told the guys from Jeep and they said there's nothing they can do unless the light from overheating turns on...
Anyways... thanks for the help!
Find another dealer. Even make a few phone calls and talk to their service departments. "My Jeep is running 225 degrees. What's wrong?" They ought to agree and book an appointment. I presume you are still under warranty so it won't cost you or them anything.

You are wise to pay attention to that gauge. When the warning light comes on, the engine is already in trouble. They call them "idiot lights" for a reason.

Registered
225 seems high to me. These modern cooling systems ought to keep it down.
On the contrary, 225 is quite normal anymore on modern engines. The hotter they can make them run, the better (for their emissions and efficiency numbers the government is always pushing them to improve).

Nothing to worry about, fans won't even come on full speed until 225 or 228 or something like that on some of Jeeps motors.

Registered
Hi I'm my suv it's been lately reaching 200 and 210 F degrees and it only has 8009 miles, is that normal?
I dropped it into a authorized dealer and they said normal temperatures are between 200 and 210 degrees.
I've been looking at other forums and everybody says 150 - 200
If someone knows what's they right operational temperature, any idea of how to prove it?

Sorry about my English... my mother lenguage is spanish 馃槄.

Thanks!!!!!
HOOKED UP TO WI-TECH DIAGNOSITCS THE COOLING FAN DOES NOT COME ON UNTIL TEMP. REACHES 225 DEGREES IF THIS HELPS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts