My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
What is with the chipping paint? Sure hope that doesn't happen to me, other than the little nicks I already have in the front from rocks. What do you think is causing it? I have noticed some blemishes in my paint, like on the hood, and only when the light shines on it just right, but the clear coat appears to be in good shape.

I don't have any touch up paint, but I do have the clear coat stick, for those little scratches that just drive me crazy. That is the one good thing about my paint color, you really have to look hard to see the scratches. Wonder what Jeep would have to say about that, and hopefully you don't lose too much more. Think the cold might have something to do with it, or maybe the base coat was not applied properly? Does it go all the way down to the metal, or just through the clear coat? Just wondering if I have something to be on the lookout for.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah, that is a good one. I had read some parts of it before, but it goes way into detail about the car, good and bad. Not necessarily bad, but quirky. Either way, a good read for the Compass enthusiast.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The paint is chipping down to the metal.

The other blog is written by a paid editor, not an owner that paid for the Compass ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
And on that one, you have a point. Interesting some of the comments on that blog, also. They don't sound like Compass owners/enthusiasts, either. Tired of everyone picking the car apart. Don't like it? Here's a hint, don't buy it.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Neely2005 said:
Neely2005 said:
Webmaster said:
FYI for those that don't normally check out my blog. I posted an update about the mileage and another paint chip:

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/blog/
Another Jeep Compass BLOG:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/cate ... assLimited

:!:
Anyone read this lately? The latest entry kind of pissed me off a bit... comparing cars that cost $10,000 more to the Compass...

:evil:
standard fare for benchracers and cyber tire kickers rather than actual owners.

I have said from day one that the compass when looked at in terms of features / content versus price is one of the best deals going - especially in canada.

8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts