My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm just about buying one of these beauties...but i have read (wikipedia and some websites) something about being discontinued, and i'm now having second thoughts because of that.

Does anyone know anything about it? I read it has to do with the fact that fiat has 25% stake in jeep...

Many thanks,

btw: i live in spain, and the model i want to buy is the new compass 2.2 crd sport edition.

·
Registered
339 Posts
fiat's share is over 50%, so they are the majority shareholder. and yes, 2012 is supposed to be the final year for the jeep compass.

why should this affect your decision to buy? eventually, all cars get discontinued, it's just a matter of when. this won't affect your ownership experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why? well, spares, being able to find parts etc with the effect that it would have if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hi, i'm just about buying one of these beauties...but i have read (wikipedia and some websites) something about being discontinued, and i'm now having second thoughts because of that.

Does anyone know anything about it? I read it has to do with the fact that fiat has 25% stake in jeep...

Many thanks,

btw: i live in spain, and the model i want to buy is the new compass 2.2 crd sport edition.
Welcome arenasj!

I think you would be satisfied with the new Compass. I picked mine up a few months ago and have not been disappointed in my decision at all. True, some vehicles get discontinued quickly after the initial introduction or after a refresh, but that is what makes them unique sometimes. :)

Look at it this way, if something ever happened to your Compass, most of the vehicle has the same parts as the old compass, you could probably find some parts at a junk yard if needed. If you need headlights, the Grand Cherokee has the same headlights, from what me and a few others can gather.

I heard about that info shortly after I bought our 2011 Compass, but I was not worried or anything because it is a good vehicle and well worth the price. Even if I knew about the discontinuation before we got it, we still would have purchased it because it is a good little vehicle that suits our needs very well and has unique styling (which actually was the main reason for purchasing over a Ford Escape).

It is certainly your decision to get one, but you will see that many people on this site really enjoy their Compass and are glad to have gotten it instead of something else.

If you do decide to get it, please post pics and keep us up to date if you start doing any mods to it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for sharing your experiences BlackNightling - shortly after i wrote the message, i have placed the order for the compass. I hope I won't ever have to look for spares :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Getting parts will be no problem. The dealerships will be able to provide parts for many years to come. Also what is nice about the Compass is that so many parts are interchangeable with Patriots and other Chrysler cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts