My Jeep Compass Forum banner

JEEP COMPASS II 2.4 MULTIAIR - temperature/hood

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  arudlang 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a question about my Jeep Compass II 2.4 Multiair. At the last week I replaced all filter (air, cabin and oil). After that I drove about 50 miles and I observed the hood is real hot, especially in left and right side. Temeparture of oil and engine collant is ok (in limit). It is a normal work for Jeep Compass II if not what could be a reason?

Thank you :)

#2 ·
Welcome to the site! I've not had your problem but next time I take mine for a ride (not often these days) I'll check. Engines are going to get hot when they operate and the hood is only a couple inches above the engine so it seems logical that it would get hot.

#3 ·
Are you sure you have a new issue since your work that it is hotter than normal or is it possible you just never noticed the heat before? Engines are always hot, most everything near them gets warm after 50 miles, if your temps read normal I'm not sure what makes you think there is an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.