1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm thinking of getting an intake for my Compass, here is one on ebay K&N:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-07- ... enameZWD1V

Has anyone gotten one or is thinking of one? I'm not sure if I should or if the benefits will be worth it.... any info appreciated, thanks :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
have it on mine, noise is kinda loud inside of car when you step on the gas, do notice better acceleration from 0-40, seems a hair quicker with it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im thinking of adding this onto my jeep. How easy is it to clean??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a K&N on my old grand cherokee and whenever i needed to clean it only took about an hour to do, and it was super easy, i got the re-charge kit from advance auto parts for 12 dollars. Does anyone know if there is a mopar intake for the compass?

·
Registered
60 Posts
How restrictive is the stock system? It looks like the K&N Filter is placed to receive the cold air from the stock piping; however, it's definitely not a ram air type set up. How big are the gains from this set up versus say a drop-in $50 K&N air filter that resides in the stock box?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had mine put into my jeep in January and let me tell you I'm LOVING the K&N air filter kit!!!!! Along with my magniflow exhaust it gives the engine just so much more pep and power its crazy!!! And it doesn't have that vacuum low noise anymore. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Dirtball...have you noticed any difference in your mileage since you put the k&n air intake on?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea, it went up a couple mpg! As long as I do the speed limit I get a lot better gas mileage then I used too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Found a good price on the K&N air intake kit at Autoanything.com.
$187.00 US for it and they pay for shipping. I should get it buy Tuesday April 29. Not sure what the final cost will be after clearing customs and tax's. But it'll be better than the $330.00 Canadian Tire wanted!

·
Registered
59 Posts
howdy said:
Found a good price on the K&N air intake kit at Autoanything.com.
$187.00 US for it and they pay for shipping. I should get it buy Tuesday April 29. Not sure what the final cost will be after clearing customs and tax's. But it'll be better than the $330.00 Canadian Tire wanted!
Okay, got the air intake n Tuesday April 29. Took about 1 week to get it from California. Total cost was $248.00 with duty and taxes. It took about 2hrs total to install but would be less if you had all the tools you needed laid out in front of you. I had only a couple of WTF moments.
One tip is to refer to the exploded view of all the parts instead of trying to make out the little pictures on the instructions. Another thing is to warm some of the rubber parts up and use some lube on them. When I installed mine it was cool out and the rubber wasn't very pliable.
As for performance, its is louder especially under load but when cruising it fine. It seems to get up to speed sooner and smoother also. I'll keep tabs on the gas mileage and let everyone know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had the K&N Air intake for about 3 weeks now and it does make a difference. You can feel the power when you put you foot into it and the gas mileage is a bit better. I get about 40 more kilometers out of a tank. Not a lot but better than nothing! When I'm cruising you don't notice the sound difference but when you step on it then it is louder.
I only have about 4000km on the car so I'm hoping for even better mileage yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered the K&N replacement filter (35 USD)... which makes is just under 20 euros for me (no comment). Dont expect much, just did it out of curiosity. I reset the trip computer to see if there are any gains.
I do notice that there the engine is runing much smoother, especially cold starts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts