My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bear with me here! First time really posting but I got a shop to build me a ladder for the compass. Mine is a 2019 Compass Upland, this ladder should fit all second Gen/MP models that we know of.

Hit these guys up if you’re interested in buying your own! 🇨🇦 Company but will ship elsewhere.
They’ve been building rav4 mods and ladders for a while now.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
How do you open the hatch? Can we get a Pic of that? Website link?

I just stand on the door sill of an open door, or on top of the rear tire, when I need access to the roof. A rear ladder wouldn't help me get into my cargo box that opens on the side (but I understand it's basically just for looks)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you open the hatch? Can we get a Pic of that? Website link?

I just stand on the door sill of an open door, or on top of the rear tire, when I need access to the roof. A rear ladder wouldn't help me get into my cargo box that opens on the side (but I understand it's basically just for looks)
You open the hatch exactly as you normally would. It’s only attached to the hatch, it can stay on indefinitely once installed without interfering with the hatch or backup camera etc.

It is mostly for looks, and for mounting things if a person wanted, and I personally like the ability to reach the one side (back facing) of my rooftop tent setup.

Yes a person could just use a step ladder or the tire or other ways to reach things. I wanted this so I had it built.

I work shift work so I’m not home right now and the guys who built this have just had access to my Jeep for 4 weeks now. When I get home in two weeks I’ll try and update with more pics or a video of it and how it’s mounted as well.

I think it’s mounted the exact same way basically as the ones they’ve been making for the Rav 4’s for a while 👍🏼 They have a video of that on their website I believe as well.
Rnofit fabrication - ladder website
Rav 4 ladder install (similar)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts