My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's what I noticed as well and its easy to see why they think about the outgoing compass like that, at least for me it is, and i'm sure for many here it is. However at the same time I can see the attachment some have to that same outgoing model.

"No longer a penalty box" is the best way to put it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What I wouldn't mind seeing Jeep leave out is that large C-pillar. I get that it adds to the aesthetics of the Compass, but I'd rather have more rear visibility than that little design feature.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
What I wouldn't mind seeing Jeep leave out is that large C-pillar. I get that it adds to the aesthetics of the Compass, but I'd rather have more rear visibility than that little design feature.
You're out of luck, the ship has sailed on the market sticking to that philosophy of design, now its a case of design over function since these days we can use cameras to make up for a lack of visibility. Just look at whats happening to other car makers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm, 2 things they don't like, I haven't seen in the 2 weeks I've owned. Brakes don't seem touchy to me, in fact, they seem to be much, much improved over the brakes on my old 2011 Compass which weren't very confidence inspiring at all. And have seen no issues with how the transmission shifts.

Sluggish? Well, it is 3300 lbs with 175 lb-ft torque, what do you expect? At least I'm getting 30 mpg on the freeway ?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Trailhawk with about 2,400 miles and I've never felt anything remotely feeling like touchy brakes. They are responsive, predictable, and civilized. They obviously had a vehicle with issues that aren't common with the brakes. Also, as far as the engine is concerned, I do not feel that it is underpowered. My previous vehicle was a 2014 Compass 4x4 and this engine seems more refined and powerful. I will concede one caveat, however. The 9-speed automatic often gives the sensation that the engine is lugging. It can be irritating, because the only remedies are to bury your foot into the accelerator to force a downshift, or downshift manually using the stick. I'm getting pretty good at the latter, but the 6-speed auto in my old Compass always seemed to know what gear it needed to be in. This 9-speed is so reluctant to downshift, on the other hand, that I do find myself feeling somewhat exasperated. The engine has sufficient power to move this car along at a nice clip, but you have to fight with the transmission to get the engine up into the power band where it needs to be for spirited driving. FCA REALLY needs to look at a software update for this tranny. They'd have a lot happier owners, like myself, and their reviews from the automotive press would improve a lot too. The engine's not the weakest link, the transmission software is this car's Achilles heel, and it's an issue FCA could fix with a few lines of code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's very interesting. I haven't seen this on my latitude. I only have 500 miles, I'll pay a little more attention, just out of curiosity. I was on the freeway Saturday night, watching, and never seemed to hesitate to drop down to 7th on hills. I'll check it out at lower speeds.

I did need to "teach" the acceleration when I'd resume on cruise. It would barely accelerate until up to about 40 mph. I quit hitting cruise as soon as I was above 15 mph, now it accelerates more like I think it should, glad it "smarted" up.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts