My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: I have a 2008 Compass / Northern Edition , 2WD , 2.0 liter engine...:think: The Object is to tow a Trailer big enough to haul a Honda CBR 600 Motor Bike.. No idea what the Trailer would weigh.The Bike itself weighs somewhere around 500 lbs... First Off I checked underneath the rear and aside from the Gas Tank right there , all I see is rear suspension no frame stretching to the back ... The question is, will my Compass take a Hitch and Can the Compass handle a Trailer period ???? Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes, I have a CLASS III on mine installed by a professional hitch shop made by CURT. You load rating is 1000lbs but with an engine cooler rated at 2000lbs. Engine cooler if you're wondering is correct, odd but not a tranny cooler.

You'd have no problem hauling that. However if you do do it for long distances etc you may want to use synthetic engine oil. It will handle higher temp than dino oil does.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a hitch on my 08 Compass, there's no problem towing your bike with the 2.0L engine, I do run synthetic in mine though. I drive a lot and like to maximize my distance between oil changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts