My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Compass Trailhawk 2022
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, My Uconnect system display and dashboard display are at about a 1/10 brightness in daylight. It happened for the first time today. Brightness was fine in the dark garage with headlights on. I have looked at settings, but even if I change the display to manual, the brightness section does not allow me to adjust daytime brightness (that option is dimmed out).
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk 4Xe
103 Posts
Looked at this yesterday. And although I've not had an issue with auto brightness levels I can confirm that when you switch to manual brightness control you can't change the brightness for when headlights are off. Which is bonkers.

Also the brightness control next to the headlight switch only seems to affect the switch illumination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am bringing in the Jeep to the deale tomorrow. It seems that the screens are stuck on nightmode, but I haven't found a way to change that. I'm guessing the dealer may just do a hard reset. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Dealer said my problem was something they hadn't yet seen and not in any tech bulletins. They did do a hard reset and that worked as far as I can tell. I am not sure whether the reset reverts the system to a previous update. I'm also not sure whether, if that was the case, they reinstalled the updates. I'll repost if the same issue returns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts