My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep Compass 2011 2.4L 2WD Basic module will not start. I have my engine light on as well as my ETC light. The ETC light goes away if I shift through the gears but the Engine light stays on and blinks. I was able to turn my key to get the codes P0622 and P0855. I tried jumping and that didnt work. I replaced the battery and checked all the fuses and could not find anything wrong. I have read online that it could be a short in the alternators cabling or it could be a bad EMC. or the plugs on the EMC are damaged and need replaced. I live in western michigan on a dirt road. So plenty of salt and dirt get into my jeep. The engine will crank over all day if I held it but wont start. lights and everything work. This happened about a week ago and I read online it could be my gas cap? I had a gas cap open message so I opened my gas cap closed it and hit my battery a few times with a wrench (out of anger I was late for work) and it started right up. I tried that as well this time and no luck. Let me know if this is an easy fix for my dad and i or if this is a dealership trip? Dads an old school mechanic. so as long as its not computer related he can fix it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would try checking for a spark first. Because it uses a coil pack, take off the engine cover, take the coil out and the plug, ground the plug to the head, and try cranking it to see if it sparks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hitting the battery and it started, really ? sure the battery is good it may show 12 volts but no amperage behind it,, bad cells,, try a load tester on the battery to confirm its good. there is nothing like chasing down a electrical problem and finding out it was the battery all along. then check for loose connections or a bad wire or ground.
check to see it a wire has pulled part way out of a plug. or corrosion in a plug.

hope you find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts