My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 jeep compass with 115399 kms, all highway driving.Jeep started to ping at starting, goes away within minutes of warming up,figure it's the cold weather, 2 days ago going into work jeep makes a pinging noise when starts goes away afterwards,on the way in engine light comes on,flashes a couple of times , stays back on,pinging noise stays with acceleration. Go to dealer friday , they say it's a valve problem,70 compression should be 140.ask when i do oil changes, tell them about every 15,000kms, they say should be every 5000kms, i drive that in a month,which would be an oil change per month! Now i have to fight to see if it will be covered under the warranty, i have extended warranty until 160,000 kms, they might not cover it , can't prove all oil change reciepts, did the last 2 myself , no receipts kept, well my question is has anyone gone through this problem before with chrysler and what was the end results? Total cost could be between $500 to $2000? Any idea if it had to come out of my pocket? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but a comment... This situation is why I always go to the dealer for maintenance for as long as the car is under warranty. Sorry for you man.

·
Registered
656 Posts
15,000km is way long to go between oil changes, with the driving you do you really want to be doing a monthly, at 5000km. Sorry, but regular oil changes are key to healthy valves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this sounds like the same problem I have... Same quote, could be $600 could be $2000, they wont know till they tear it apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts