My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a Jeep Compass. I dont do any trail driving, but i need something with 4wd for the area i live in... (its not too bad, but my monte carlo cant really handle it) and as you might guess i want something good on gas. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can say that I am pleased with my Compass.

Not much for looks or a lot of features, but the basics get it done. If you need occasional 4WD and not crazy off-road trail driving, I highly recommend it. Also does great on highways miles, for commuting. It's not plush like a 4Runner or Lexus, or even Acadia...but it works. Comfortable for long road trips, too.

By the way, I've had my 2WD Compass on dirt roads and jeep trails in a national forest...and it worked just fine, as long as there was not deep mud or snow.

My 2 cents.

EM

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drove several others and liked the Compass best- simple and basic but gets the job done. Easy to read dash (compare the Escape- wow- that is a rubics cube nightmare). Also has cruise, fog lights, ABS, traction control standard. The price is good if you don't load up the options- I got the 2014 Sport FWD with 2.4 engine, 6 speed auto, power windows and locks. Have 50,000 miles and no problems- have towed my boat, driven long trips, and hauled heavy loads. Mileage varies between 24 and 31. After driving mine, my son bought a Patriot 2.0 with 5 speed stick. Good vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts