My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'10 CVT Jeep Compass jerks when I let off the gas. It has always done this but recently is getting worse. I bought used in 2013 so I'm not sure if it's had any of the updates I've been reading about or if it needs a CVT fluid flush. If it turns out it needs the update what's the approx cost (I'm just over warranty of course that's when these things happen)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Depends how much over it may be covered. If you take it to a dealer. What it needs depends on a lot.
As there are no details call or take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Details?

I'm at 103000kms but apparently I was out of warranty January of this year even though I had 98000kms The only other details are that it feels like I press the brake for a quick second after I let go of the gas. It was like this the whole time I've had it but to much lesser degree. The jerking has gotten very annoying. During the first year I was told that was just the way the CVT rides my first jeep I had no idea.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Fluid is to be changed at 120k from what I recall. Not exceeded but there are a lot of programed settings for these.

My CVT would shudder the vehicle while coming to a stop normally. Jerking could be another term. I was told its normal but it isn't. I was about 2 year going after Chrysler before I got the CVT replace and never anything like it since. They refused to do anything. If you have your old work orders they should cover it as it was reported and not bad just out of warranty. Any problems not resolved don't expire with the warranty as long as its logged with them.

CVT's expensive to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts