My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to transport 2 kayaks. Any idea whether the Jeep utility bars through Mopar are compatible with with Thule and Yakima products for transporting 2 kayaks on their sides? Which bars are best: Jeep, Thule, or Yakima? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
renegade said:
We're looking to transport 2 kayaks. Any idea whether the Jeep utility bars through Mopar are compatible with with Thule and Yakima products for transporting 2 kayaks on their sides? Which bars are best: Jeep, Thule, or Yakima? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
The Mopar parts will not be compatible with Thule or Yakima products. I believe Thule now has mountings suitable for the Compass. When I was shopping no such kit was available which would have been my first choice as I already had Thule bike racks and canoe braces.

Honestly I find the Mopar bars with the according canoe mounts super. I have no reason to expect anything less then perfect with the Kayak mounts etc.
They Mopar bars look like they belong and I like them better than my old Thule bars. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Compass/Mopar factory cross bars and Yakima kayak J racks ... Yakima kits are compatible with the factory bars. Very simple installation. We carry two solo Wenonah Wee Lassies on those racks without any difficulties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts