My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Jeep Compass

When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine with "choke" but just will not turn over. It will choke and choke as long as I hold the key turned back but wont start up. Also the engine malfunction light remains on. Any suggestions? I have the 7yr/100,000 mile extended warranty do you think it will be covered? Car has 45,000 miles. Thanks so much for any help. :sad:

·
Registered
176 Posts
This could be a few things. Could be electrical. Could be to do with ur fuel pump, sparkplugs, starter motor sounds like its working. Either way it sounds like u need to take it to a garage! Unless of course u can/want to check them urself. I wouldnt know except maybe sparkplugs :p . Get the local mechanic out to have a look is what I'd do. But there are knowledgable members on here who will surely know where to start.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Snow....welcome to the forum.....tell us more on your ride and hopefully you'll be able to find what the problem is exactly. Ask your dealer........to see if the warranty applies....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok took it to the dealer and it was the fuel pump. It was covered under the extended warranty. Apparently I was driving it on E too much and that damaged the fuel pump! Thanks all for your help!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Ok took it to the dealer and it was the fuel pump. It was covered under the extended warranty. Apparently I was driving it on E too much and that damaged the fuel pump! Thanks all for your help!
Glad to hear you got it figured out, but yeah, running it on E for too long, you pick up a lot of trash in your tank that way.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
The fuel pump is inside the gas tank and the gas keeps it cool. Running empty too long causes the motor to overheat and fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts