My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner and member. Picked up my 2018 Compass Limited 4x4 on 8-24-18 .

It rides and drives amazingly well . I love the styling, design and size but the ride really seals the deal .

But one thing happened that really disappointed me. The Uconnect display and system got glitchy and began just shutting completely down . I went online and found a post about a Uconnect "soft reboot " . All you do is power the system on and then push in both radio knobs at once and hold for 30 seconds and then power it back on . It actually worked and the problem is gone . I do expect it to return but another reboot will probably fix it again . It is probably an issue withe the iphone interface that Jeep will figure out and fix with an update . If your system is acting up ...give it a try .

I would love the hear from other owners of a new Compass about this or any other problems encountered .

Mike M . in Michigan

Attachments

·
962 Posts
Welcome! I don't think I've had your problem, but thanks for the heads up. If it happens I'll know how to fix it.

I've had a problem with my phone connecting, but I think because the phone needs to be on when the vehicle is started. If my Jeep is already running and I turn my phone on, it won't connect. I just figure that's the way it works (or doesn't work).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am a new owner and member. Picked up my 2018 Compass Limited 4x4 on 8-24-18 .

It rides and drives amazingly well . I love the styling, design and size but the ride really seals the deal .

But one thing happened that really disappointed me. The Uconnect display and system got glitchy and began just shutting completely down . I went online and found a post about a Uconnect "soft reboot " . All you do is power the system on and then push in both radio knobs at once and hold for 30 seconds and then power it back on . It actually worked and the problem is gone . I do expect it to return but another reboot will probably fix it again . It is probably an issue withe the iphone interface that Jeep will figure out and fix with an update . If your system is acting up ...give it a try .

I would love the hear from other owners of a new Compass about this or any other problems encountered .

Mike M . in Michigan
I’ve lucked out so far. Haven’t had any issues with my Compass. My wife had an issue with her 17 Compass. Amazingly her tube for the water to come out from the AC was clogged. A few days went by and than all of a sudden she has water about 2 inch deep of water. The dealership in Princeton NJ was able to unclog the tube and replace the entire carpet in her Compass, It was clogged straight from the factory. Also from all that water also damaged her radio. They replaced it as well. So far knock on wood her vehicle has been running great since than.

·
962 Posts
I’ve lucked out so far. Haven’t had any issues with my Compass. My wife had an issue with her 17 Compass. Amazingly her tube for the water to come out from the AC was clogged. A few days went by and than all of a sudden she has water about 2 inch deep of water. The dealership in Princeton NJ was able to unclog the tube and replace the entire carpet in her Compass, It was clogged straight from the factory. Also from all that water also damaged her radio. They replaced it as well. So far knock on wood her vehicle has been running great since than.
You've got a good dealer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts