My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried to search this some but did not find much

i have a 2007 compass it is plain car no power windows or locks or stuff like that just a plane car with power brakes and steering plus air

you know how when you step on the brakes hard or get in some sand or loose material while stopping you can hear the noise and the pedal jumps up and down a bit

well mine does that sometimes when i am just stepping on the brakes to slow down even at 30 mph it will sometime do it

and im not talking stomping on the pedal just a casual step on the brakes to start the slowing/stopping process

i am gonna take it to the dealer to be looked at as i still have a warranty but just thought i would ask here for some ideas

thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
i tried to search this some but did not find much

i have a 2007 compass it is plain car no power windows or locks or stuff like that just a plane car with power brakes and steering plus air

you know how when you step on the brakes hard or get in some sand or loose material while stopping you can hear the noise and the pedal jumps up and down a bit

well mine does that sometimes when i am just stepping on the brakes to slow down even at 30 mph it will sometime do it

and im not talking stomping on the pedal just a casual step on the brakes to start the slowing/stopping process

i am gonna take it to the dealer to be looked at as i still have a warranty but just thought i would ask here for some ideas

thanks in advance
Just a thought, but how about ABS? It really does weird sounds and you can feel the pedal going up and down. If you have a 4x4 model, ABS brakes are standard. It comes in action whenever the tires are going to slip when you start braking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, but how about ABS? It really does weird sounds and you can feel the pedal going up and down. If you have a 4x4 model, ABS brakes are standard. It comes in action whenever the tires are going to slip when you start braking.
thank you

i believe it has to do with the abs and as i stated it does the same thing as if it were the abs engaging but there is no way they should as i am just starting to push the brakes to start my slow down and on dry roads at that

i have been sick so i will get it in asap and let u guys know what they said

1 - 4 of 4 Posts