Might as well post them:

K&N Cool Air intake system:

KC Slim Line front Lights:

American Racing 17" Rims:

Roof Rack:

BOH!(It's a Maryland thing hun):

Magniflow Exhaust:

My Jeep:

I'm probably not going to dump any more money in to this jeep. I might get my windows tinted when I have the money, but that would probably be it for awhile. Like the jeep though, fun to drive!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hmm, I've already got the bars but I like the lights. The exhaust will wait till the factory one goes bye bye. The K&R looks like the air would be reasonably cool....Hmmmmmm...

Like the wheels, what did they set you back? (I want something painted for winter... :wink: )

How did you mount the lights? I have not been brave enough to remove the nose yet but it is on my list. (When I add the skid plate to the front, I am going to see if I can add some tie downs...TBD...)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ancona46, would you like to see video or more pictures of it?

OnRoad, Wheels cost be $150 each, and funny thing about the lights, I bought them and was getting an oil change. The guys at the shop put them on there because they saw them sitting in my back seat! :D Did it for free because they never done it before on a Compass. Took them like 20minutes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Dirtball
You did the same thing I did when I installed the K&N. There's a clamp that go's around the saddle bracket. It hold the intake a lot more securely. Its a common mistake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice compass, i used to have all my windows done in 20% but got pulled over and had to get them taken off, but i think im getting them put back on. oh and how long did it take you to do your exhaust or did you have it professionally done, because i think im gonna get mine custom welded.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Exhaust took me about 45minutes - hour to do. It was easy. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, Dirtball, I like your Jeep. I'd like to get a roof rack on mine. Does anyone know if the front windows were tinted the same as the rear ones if it would still be legal?

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rappatw2 said:
Hey, Dirtball, I like your Jeep. I'd like to get a roof rack on mine. Does anyone know if the front windows were tinted the same as the rear ones if it would still be legal?
Well I know here in maryland, the darkest you can have for the front 2 are 35%. The rear ones I think can be as low as 20%. I could be wrong though... Honestly, I think the tint that comes from the dealership is dark enough(my jeep didn't have that tint though)

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah legal tint is 35% for the front 2 windows and 20% for everything else except the windshield, but that just for maryland, but i got 30 % on the front and it look pretty nice right now and i can still see at night.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i know the feeling i used to have 20% all around but after i got pulled over i went to 30% for the front and it looks awesome, plus i'm going to a custom shop on sat. to see if they can do a custom exhaust for a good price

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sweet. Can you post a pic of the Magnaflow exhaust underneath? Does it have a big muffler like the stock one? How does it sound? Thx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are those bumper lights 6" diameter? Also, Has anyone tried the KC SlimLite or are most extra lights skinny enought to fit on that bumper?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dirtball, can you post a couple of pics of your SlimLites head on, a front view??? I'm thinking of getting them, i have a black one like yours. Do you have the black housing or the "titanium" finish? thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello all!

Sorry, I have been busy lately with a new job and all.

Ok so lets see here,

Webmaster: The muffler I think is a bit shorter but wider and it sounds nice. It doesn't sound like a mustang or anything but it is a lot deeper and more powerful sounding. Heres a quick photo.

mss_09: All I know is, they are the slim line lights. I have the titanium finish on them but people don't notice the titanium finish much. Here are 2 photos I took when I first got them about 8 months ago.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts