My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Just bought a 2014 Compass 4x4

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tripplec 
#1 ·
I paid off my 2012 Maxima last week and decided to get a 2nd vehicle to keep the miles off my Maxima and to drive in the winter. I decided on the Compass mainly for the price, but I was also extremely impressed with the ride and power for a 4 banger SUV.

I previously had to drive a Nissan Rogue for a week and I hated it with a passion, to my surprise the Compass seems superior. I got a 2014 with the 6spd auto and cruise 2.4l, really no other options it even has crank windows lol. First vehicle I have owned with crank windows since the 90s.

I am really hoping the 6spd auto lives up to close to 28mpg highway, I know there were a lot of complaints with the CVT. My Maxima has a CVT and I decided to go with a '14 to avoid that.

#4 ·
I think you will be pleased with it. I've had my 2014 for two years and like it more all the time. Have 42,000 miles now and no problems at all. It gets 25 mpg in town, 30 highway and good power (FWD model). I laugh at my neighbor's Nissan Rouge and its CVT and cramped space. Glad I bought the Jeep.

#6 ·
Maybe its a Rouge Rogue that meaning RED. LOL then you're right.

I don't like CVT's and if the 2014's have dropped them its a big plus for the power train, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.