My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 28k mile limited gold Compass 4x4 in the US. So far I'm liking it, though it's missing the driver's seat recliner handle and the dealer promised to get one for me. It has navigation (2D only), hands-free bluetooth connection, leather seats, sun roof. So far I'm loving it.

One question about warranty -

Should I buy extended warranty? I think I can get one at chryslerwarrantys for 1500-2000 dollars until 2015/70000 miles or 80000 miles. Is it worth it? It seems that I'm going to reach 70000 miles in 2013 and perhaps I don't expect to spend more than 2000 dollars in fixing it next 3 years or so.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
welcome to the forum.........hope you enjoy........to answer your question.......I for one am not a firm believer in extended warranty I think they are just a rip off...........more problem when you need actually benifit froom the extension.......they are very creative NOT to support you...............

My 2 cents

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your choice.
On the other side of the coin - I have done well with extended warranties on previous vehicles. (Like having a BMW airconditioning compressor changed no charge).
Just like any insurance, you buy it and hope not to use it.
Meanwhile - enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
depends where your located but from 30,000km -60,000km i had

engine mounts replaced
jatco cvt transmission replaced
both outer tie rods + 4 wheel alignment
right ball joint(whole control arm) (600$ right there)
left rear stability link
alternator
plastic foot rest

im glad it was all covered under warranty! because just today i spent just over 600 parts and labour to replace the left control arm!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I'm thinking in saving the 2000 dollars and see how far I can get with it. There is a deductible of $100 so it's not as if I wouldn't have to pay anything. Let's wait and see. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome Chracatoa, and congrats on your ride!!! Personally, I do believe in extended warranties, got a better deal this time when I bought the extra coverage at time of vehicle purchase and it's built into my payments, $50 deductible, but like i2 said, just a little bit of extra insurance is all, that hopefully will not be needed. Good luck! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts