My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just got a 2010 Jeep Compass. It was a salvage vehicle and hit in the front end driver side. My Dad ( a master mechanic ) fixed it up and I am about to run it in 2 days once I get a front end alignment. I have a couple questions....
Yes they might be simple to you all but any help would be great! Thanks Jeep People!!

1. How do I get my interior lights to come on when I open and close the door?

2. How do I get my dash lights brighter? There is usually a switch near by but I cant find it.

3. The rearview mirror --- I cant see out of it... I know what your thinking.... but there are 2 small lights on it ( one on the left and one on right ) The light on the left is green and the one on the right is nothing or not working?? I can just see a blurred image out of that. A little scary during night driving or anytime period.

4. This one might be because of the accident but it says error on the dash board? I googled it and came up with nothing??

5. I see that there were issues with the gas pedal sticking. I noticed that there were some recals of 2007 jeep compasses with this problem. I only drove it a few blocks but wow is the gas pedal powerful!! You barely touch it and it goes quick!

Thanks if anyone can answer any of these quesions.

New Jeep Owner
Angela

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum Angela, glad to have you join us and congrats on your Compass! Even the simple questions are worth asking, we're all here to learn about our vehicles and help where we can! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, feel free to post up and I'm sure someone else will be along who can add to my responses so good luck and I hope you enjoy the site and your Compass! :)

Hello everyone!
I just got a 2010 Jeep Compass. It was a salvage vehicle and hit in the front end driver side. My Dad ( a master mechanic ) fixed it up and I am about to run it in 2 days once I get a front end alignment. I have a couple questions....
Yes they might be simple to you all but any help would be great! Thanks Jeep People!!

1. How do I get my interior lights to come on when I open and close the door?

Just a shot in the dark on this one, but you might try checking the switch inside the door jamb to make sure it's not stuck, i.e. pushed in, which would keep the light off even with the door open.

2. How do I get my dash lights brighter? There is usually a switch near by but I cant find it.

That one I'm honestly not sure about.

3. The rearview mirror --- I cant see out of it... I know what your thinking.... but there are 2 small lights on it ( one on the left and one on right ) The light on the left is green and the one on the right is nothing or not working?? I can just see a blurred image out of that. A little scary during night driving or anytime period.

You have the auto dimming day/night mirror. You push the button and it automatically dims to reduce the glare from headlights at night for better visibility.

4. This one might be because of the accident but it says error on the dash board? I googled it and came up with nothing??

Did your dad check it for codes? Not sure if he has the StarScan tool and can possibly reset the PCM?

5. I see that there were issues with the gas pedal sticking. I noticed that there were some recals of 2007 jeep compasses with this problem. I only drove it a few blocks but wow is the gas pedal powerful!! You barely touch it and it goes quick!

That's a good thing!

Thanks if anyone can answer any of these quesions.

New Jeep Owner
Angela
- Cherokee

·
Registered
308 Posts
For number 2 (and maybe number 1), twist the mid section of the left stalk behind the steering wheel. Twist it past a click and it turns the interior lights on all the time, so don't go that far

1 - 3 of 3 Posts